DIY – The art of growing a pineapple
“Did you know that you can also make use of the leaves of a pineapple?,” Anna asks.
Play the DIY video and let Anna show you how the top of a pineapple may sprout anew. Growing pineapples is an art in itself, so do not fret if you do not succeed the first time.
- It is important that the top of the pineapple is intact and that the fruit is ripe.
- Carefully grasp the body of the pineapple with one hand and twist the leaves off the top of the fruit.
- Remove some of the lower leaves to help the stem sprout roots once planted.
- Plant the top of the pineapple in rich and moist soil.
- The pineapple plant must not dry out so remember to water liberally.
- When the plant sprouts roots, the old leaves will wither and new ones will emerge.